Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Amazonian Milk Frog (Phrynohyas resinifictrix)

pollywog

Reaction score
Amazonian Milk Frog (Phrynohyas resinifictrix):
32665.jpg

32666.jpg

32667.jpg

C

cecilia

are these poisonous??are they illegal to own, thier eally cool looking and i wouldnt mind getting one

K

kyle

Amazon Milk Frogs are neither poisonous or illegal to own.

Well, not poisonous in the respect like a wild dart frog is poisonous. There is possibly some excretion of a sort that these frogs emmit that I am not aware of. I would say it is along the same lines of most other frogs though, that as long as you are not eating your frog, or rubbing them in your eyes, you would be fine ;) lol.

These guys grow 3 or 4 inches long, and sorta get fat and look much like a White's treefrog, not quite that large, but that is the best way I can describe it. One of my most favorite looking species, and I hope to set up an enclosure with a small group of them some day.

C

cecilia

i wouldnt mind getting somemore information on them...where could i?

M

miss

Hi does anyone know if their secretions are particularly harmful to other species such as Whites?

I love both species and was wondering if secretions would pose a huge problem. They wouldnt be living together but may meet at some point if i had both!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1