Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

European common toad (Bufo bufo) and European tree frog (Hyla arborea)

Ralf

Reaction score
European common toad (Bufo bufo) / Darss peninsula / Northeastern Germany / July 2008

Bufo.jpg

European tree frog (Hyla arborea) / Northern North-Rhine-Westphalia / Western Germany / May 2009

Hyla1.jpg

Hyla2.jpg

Hyla3.jpg

Daniel

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Very nice to see!

In my part of Germany you can find a lot of Bufo bufo, just some weeks ago there were hundreds on their way to their breeding ponds.
Unfortunately I haven't found any tree frogs so far, I guess that is because of the rather dry mono-culture woods (pine trees).

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Hyla arborea is such a lovely little frog. I wish they were found in the UK and Ireland! Thanks for sharing, Ralf.

Joost

Reaction score
In my shed, a few dozen B. bufo are hibernating now. Years ago I had a little pond, where they bred. The pond is long gone, but the toads are still here, and there are comming more and more. Now they breed in a larger natural pond, a few meters away.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!