Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

6 toes

J

joeri

Hi,
I just noticed my female pleuro is developing a sixth toe. Maybe it's not so special that mistakes happen during regrowth, but I thought I'd post the picture anyway
happy.gif

27955.jpg

Joeri

J

joeri

I red about six toes here before as well. It came up in a discussion months ago. Can't remember the thread.

nice pictures Paul

S

sergé

It is not unusual and mostly develops after being bitten. In the P. waltl you can clearly see that some toes have been bitten or so (they should be much longer) and they try to regrow. Sometimes two toes instead of one develop.

J

joeri

Most of my pleuro's have bitten toes, it's crazy to see a 'normal' foot. Those toes just keep coming. I wanted to post a picture for comparison, but I couldn't get a decent shot.
uhoh.gif

I'll try again later on

A

ajfr0ggy

I noticed that my paramesotriton fuzhongensis which had no hands when i got it now has one with 5 fingers, compared with all the others with 4

AJfr0ggy

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1