<i>Tylototriton verrucosus</i> - young adults

J

john

I have two of these near-adult animals, a male and a female, from last year's breeding escapades. These three photos may be of the same animal, I'm not sure. They're quite brightly marked for "dark" verrucosus and this is their debut online. I'm also showing off the capabilities of my new camera...
<center>
13704.jpg

13705.jpg

13706.jpg
</center>

Awesome detail John! So what camera did you choose? Did you go for the Canon, the Nikon or the Fuji you have talked about?

Hi Jesper,

Thanks for flattering my ego
happy.gif
. I bought the Nikon D70. I also happen to have the Nikon 60 mm AFD 1:1 macro (or as Nikon call it, "micro") lens.

That's quite some level of detail there, John! You must be pleased with your new acquisition. I know we are! ;)

Hi Mark, thanks
happy.gif
. I am going to give it a go on the kaiseri over the weekend.

Wonderful. Your animals' eyes are different to my verrucosus's...
Chris

Hi Chris,

That's interesting considering yours are descended from my "grandmother" (mother these two in the photos) - different grandfather/father though. I think more brightly coloured dark form animals have more eye pigment too.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back