Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axolotl Babies ... !?!

OliverB

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I am new to this forum and this is actually my first post. My 14 year old son has an albino female and wild male. They are a year old, and as of three weeks ago, we now have about 150 axolotls that have all just grown front legs. My son is wanting to raise and sell them .... does anyone have experience or advice? I'm trying to help in any way that I can -- will petshops buy axolotl's from individuals? Does anyone know of good sources to sell them? We are in Asheville, NC ... thanks for any advice!

DeCypher

Reaction score
I have sold amounts to local pet shops, but only once. I sold them 25 for $8 each, came back the next day and they were $49.99. Outrageous. My best luck has been selling them in the for sale section of the forum, they go quick and (usually) on this forum you know they're going to an educated and nurturing home rather than being neglected with ignorance. Shipping them individually is a hassle but it's worth it. You can also try kingsnake classifieds and faunaclassifieds. Good luck!

OliverB

Reaction score
Thanks, Austin, I really appreciate your comment. My son and his friend are REALLY into their axolotls, which is great to see with young teenagers. Thanks again.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!