Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Five Colombia Torrent Salamanders

sde

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just wanted to share some information about some Colombia Torrent Salamanders I found in September. I found five in all and all except one on accident ( I was Elk hunting not looking for salamanders). The first one was a larvae I spotted in a old Elk wallow. The wallow was in a very small spring/seep. The second was a larvae I found in a medium sized stream under a small rock. This one I was looking for. The third one was a adult found right on the bank of the same stream as the second larvae was found. I did not check if it was a male or female. The fourth one was a adult found on a Elk/animal trail headed down toward a medium sized stream. I do not remember if I checked to see if it was male or female. The fifth was a adult on the same trail as the fourth and also was headed down toward the stream. I did check if was a male is a female but I don't remember. The weather on all the days was either cloudy or rainy. I just wanted to share some information. -Seth

Aneides

Reaction score
Very good observations Seth. It is always good to keep track of the habits, habitats, and other aspects of natural history, especially with less studied species. Keep up the good work.

Aneides

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!