Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

White lump on axolotl?

Paintsplash

Reaction score
My axie has been through hell with his cloaca prolapsing, then me and my bf pushed it back in, twice!! Now he has this lump.. Could it be caused by us picking him up to sort his cloaca out?

Last edited:

allied123

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you mean the bones sticking out where his legs should be or the spot above the back leg bone in the picture?

LoriML

Reaction score
Well I'm no expert on axolotls, but as an EMT there's no way I'm pushing anything back into a human myself, so I would apply that to my animals and get him to a vet instead of doing it myself. His missing parts are of huge concern also, obviously. Perhaps you need to find someone local who knows what they're doing to help this poor thing.

texa

Reaction score
I remember your post from a while back, your poor axie has been in the wars. It looks quite like an ulcer/flesh wound, I'm not sure exactly but I'd probably say keep an eye on it and be careful to ensure your water is as clean as it can be to help with healing. Are you seeing healing beginning in his legs?

Paintsplash

Reaction score
and his gills?

his legs were bitten off by another axie before we bought him, and his gills.. we dont know.. they seem to be growing back a bit now. the lump has gone now, forgot about this thread because he's fine :)

Paintsplash

Reaction score
I remember your post from a while back, your poor axie has been in the wars. It looks quite like an ulcer/flesh wound, I'm not sure exactly but I'd probably say keep an eye on it and be careful to ensure your water is as clean as it can be to help with healing. Are you seeing healing beginning in his legs?

I know, our poor baby!
i forgot i posted here, did daily water changes and the spot healed up :)
his legs are growing back slowly. just posting an update about him on my original *panic* thread now :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1