Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Filter ideas for 3ft tank

Aaran

Reaction score
Well, i have just got my new tank,
its 3ft x 1.5ft x 1ft but i dont have a clue on a good filter for it, any ideas?

I do want an internal filter if possible and reasonably priced :)

:D

vampybabe

Reaction score
The new Fluval U2 filters are good, 3 stage filtration and adjustable 3 way flow.
You can get them on ebay for about £25-£30.

If you want to go for and external one I'd definatly recomend the All pond solutions filters, there avalible from £40.

We've got one for our 4ft tank, very easy to setup and maintain and the spray bar gives a nice gentle flow.

Aaran

Reaction score
Thanks i have been looking into the fluval u2 might get it :)

Also anyone know of good sponge filters i cant find them, maybe i havent looked well enough.
:rolleyes:

mewsie

Reaction score
Thanks i have been looking into the fluval u2 might get it :)

Also anyone know of good sponge filters i cant find them, maybe i havent looked well enough.
:rolleyes:

I use a single version of this. it was super cheap and does a brilliant job, plus the top is Albis favourite hangout place!

caseeybrown

Reaction score
I looked on ebay and theres an internal filter for 3ft tank with spray bar for £7 hahaa :) but its not a fancy branded one hence the cheapness..

Aimzs Lotties

Reaction score
whatever u do dont get a Huawei filter (think its spelt right..)

ive had two of different sizes and they're incredibly noisy..

i have an AquaOne 103F in my 3 foot tank. works a charm and all u hear is a low humm.

:)

Aaran

Reaction score
Finally decided on my filter setup!

I am going to use two of the linked sponge filters (thanks mewsie) linked to a single airpump using a Y bracket and two regulators on the lines to the filters :)

Now i just need a good airpump >.<

Thanks again for all suggestions :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1