Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Fungus on eggs

DanielsNewts

Reaction score
I have bred Cynops orientalis successfully for the past few years.
This year however, I have only managed to raise one larvae. Any eggs I have, have gone mouldy.
I have put them in a separate tank with a sponge filter. I have also tried leaving the eggs in the main tank with a net breeding box.
I have tried putting Myxazin in with them in the separate tank. But still no luck. Has anyone got any suggestions as to what to do please?

AuSu

Reaction score
Could it be that this year, for some reason, they weren't fertilized and that causes molding? Or did you see any progress inside the egg before rotting?

DanielsNewts

Reaction score
Could it be that this year, for some reason, they weren't fertilized and that causes molding? Or did you see any progress inside the egg before rotting?[/QUOTE
Sorry I missed your message.
I did have three larvae originally, but two of them died. The eggs appeared fertilized, they were white and brown and shiny, as they normally are when fertilized. They appeared to go mouldy from the inside out and not the outside in.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!