Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Enclosure for eft fire belly newts

seandelevan

Reaction score
Get java moss....and lots of it.

I have some fish tanks with this stuff. And in 10 gallon tank I put down large clumps of it and kept it damp. Doesn’t have to be soaking wet. On top of that I placed leaves, rocks, and bark. Worked for me.

Canecorsonewt

Reaction score
I like to leave them in water, place java moss in a plastic container with about 2 inches of water. Force them to stay aquatic,doing now with 5 newts that just morphed and i did it with the parents. I offered mom and dad no land and never have. i had mom and dad shipped to me when they were eggs.

ShawnJPN

Reaction score
I got 4 right now that just don't like water whatsoever. They are still young so maybe I can get them to start going aquatic, but on the bright side it's easier to feed them live food on land. Just leaving isopod/springtail culture with them to hunt and forage.

I had them aquatic for a little bit but any kind of food in the water they simply couldn't catch or didn't want.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!