Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Harlequin or piebald?

R

rebecca

apryl
sad.gif

im sorry.

A

apryl

well,after all the hype at the last second,my last bid was too late by a few seconds!gutted!
sad.gif

well,it was worth a try,and like my bf said there are plenty more "fish in the sea"....still,that was a rare find!
thanks for all the good wishes guys
rebecca,my bf was looking at me funny too near the end,i was going eek eek aaagh,lol

A

apryl

oh,they ended up going for a meezley $46,for all 3,and the 3 golden ones got up to $225 last i saw,they ended their auction at the same time as mine.
to think just 1 average joe axie at the petshop is $40!
sick.gif

J

jordan

YOU DIDN"T GET THEM!!! OH NO!!!!! WE WERE ALL COUNTING ON YOU! o well, i guess there will probably be another chance at a rare one. You tryed, thats all we could ask.

R

rheann

Hey, maybe the person who bought them will end up coming to this sight and also posting pictures.

Wouldn't that be an interesting turn of events now?

Sorry to here about it, Apryl, but it was a good try
happy.gif

A

apryl

Awsome!!I love the red as gills,what beautiful markings!Yip,I gotta get me a piebald axie,the hunt is on!!
smile6.gif

A

apryl

I am fully aware of that,and as I dont have a tank prepared as yet I am in no rush.

J

jordan

its good that you don't want to rush into things. You don't want to get the axie to have no room for him. That would be bad for the axie.

A

apryl

I was getting a tank with the 3 i bid on,they would have been fine,and I have a few plastic bins to use if needed.Also,I have a tank on hold,which just needs to be cycled,so it's not like I'm not prepared.But thanks for the thought.Sorry if I gave you the wrong idea.

J

jordan

Well tank cycling can take a long time, but its good that you have other options.

J

jordan

Probably since she has lived alone for a while now and wouldn't be used to the company. Also she would see that you are paying too much attention to the other one and not her. that is funny
lol.gif

H

hayley-jane

Nah - she's just a poser, loves looking at herself in the mirror.

If she saw a fancy axie like that pic, she would be mentally scarred!!

I'd have to sit and talk with her, make sure she knew that she was pretty too!
rofl.gif

N

nathan

Hey do piebald axies develop there color wile maturing or do they have it in the embryo stage

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1