Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Frozen Big Bloodworms

TSM4JNE

Reaction score
Hi boys and gurls,

Picking a pair of axolotl's up tomorrow for my daughter, Had been reading all about feeding and housing and so forth.

As they are juveniles I will be feeding them frozen cubed bloodworms defrosted and using a baster to transport them into the food bowl for less mess.

When they get older as adults, I know people feed them earthworms, Here in Adelaide its impossible to get earthworms anywhere, So can I give them frozen Big bloodworms cut in half which are 100% organic?

Thinking of these which can be brought from the fishing shop!

DynaBait Freeze Dried Worms Lure - Dry Bloodworms - FISHING WHOLESALERS

Would these be recommended or not?

Cheers,
Troy

Asevernnnn

Reaction score
I personally wouldn't, freeze-dried stuff aren't very nutritional for caudates. Does this fishing shop not have any live earthworm or nightcrawler there?
An alternative to worms could be high quality sinking carnivore pellets if you could get your hands on those.

TSM4JNE

Reaction score
Ok then thankyou. I can get worms from our local worm farmers that have natural and 100% organic live worms

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!