The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding Eggs everywhere, how did that happen? Will it be albino or wildtype?

Old 1st March 2018   #1
kylakat13

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: kylakat13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Baby Axolotl Growth

Hi guys,
So I've been raising baby Axolotls for about a month and a half now and I'm wondering if mine are growing at an unusually slow rate? They've only grown a little and there isn't any hint of their front arms showing up. I've been feeding them and cleaning up after them very regularly, so I don't see why they aren't growing. I've been doing research and I've seen some people's babies growing at a way faster rate than mine. Does anyone have any idea why mine aren't growing? Or any tips on things that I can do?

kylakat13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2018   #2
nina89

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: nina89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Baby Axolotl Growth

Hi, I know this is 2 weeks old now but in case you still need help here you go:

Axolotls tend to grow at different rates depending on genetics, temp, feeding etc.I would say they should have legs by now at that age.

How long are they? checkout the axolotl.org for stages of growth to compare.

Do you live in a cold area? cold temps = slow growth

How often and what are you feeding them? they should be for 1-2 times per day and you should see there full belly's when your done.

How crowded is the tank? other axolotls will nip at each other, if its overcrowded they could have had there limbs bitten off by tank mates.

Also read all the sticky posts in the Axolotls on this site.

nina89 is offline   Reply With Quote