The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

Old 10th June 2003   #1
coen

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I was wondering if you guys also sell to people in Holland? or is this impossible? (I'm not familiar with the methods used!)

Old 10th June 2003   #2
john

Gallery Images:
Comments:

It depends on the person advertising and where they are. Traffic within the EU of non-protected newts formally requires veterinary inspection prior to shipping and a certificate of health. This may be complicated by local laws. In practice, I don't think most people bother with this because many vets wouldn't know what a newt is, let alone tell you if it's not feeling very well.

Have you joined the Dutch Urodela Group? http://www.salamanders.nl/

Old 10th June 2003   #3
coen

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I'm not really interested in paying 11.50 euro's a year for just having a gathering every now and then ;) I can exchange information here perfectly well!

But, too bad the local animal shops here are not interested in a wider variety of newts. The only specie living in the wild here is triturus vulgaris, but that's a very pretty one too, especially during these days!

I'll just have to do some more research and get to know where there are some interesting pet shops Click the image to open in full size.

Old 11th June 2003   #4
jennifer

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Coen, this does not make sense to me. On the one hand, you don't want to pay a few euros to join a local Urodele group. But on the other hand, you are interested in foreign shipping and newts from pet shops. I think maybe if you joined the group, you would find some people that could sell/trade you animals that are cheaper, healthier, and more interesting species than you could find from other sources.

Old 11th June 2003   #5
coen

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Well, I am very interested in different species that is very true. But I don't see a reason to travel all the way to a conference to just talk about that guys eggs who have hatched, and this guy baught this and that specie, I can read and discuss those things here too right?

I already came in contact with some people of the Urodela group by the way Click the image to open in full size. So i guess the contact comes by itself.

BTW, I'm hoping to purchase some regular chinese/japanese firebelly's soon! There must be some place nearby where they sell them I'm sure.

And I want to buy a new aqua-terrarium for them, are there any things is should be knowing while purchasing? like the size for let's say 4 of them?

(Message edited by coen on June 11, 2003)

Tags
newts, online, selling

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 15 (Set)

azeam, chrystal82, djday1302, erfus, ilickedgravel, Jenimelinda, K1df1ash, Lmarquette, Melmo, murre21, napoleon, nilo22, Papa Emeritus, slceso, TashaLou