The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate Discussions on tanks, temperature, filters, gravel, lights etc.

Old 26th October 2005   #1
amanda

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Hey guys,
So now that Acheron has gotten bigger, he can no longer hide underneath his favorite Java Fern plant. Well, his nose fits, but thats' about it. So i'm looking for suggestions for some taller plants I can pick up for him. Thanks!

Old 26th October 2005   #2
joan

Gallery Images:
Comments:

The thing with plants is axolotls love to tear them up. I had a amazon sword of some sort, and it was a beautiful 8" plant, now it stands about an inch tall. I'd go with PVC tubes or clay pots buried in the sand to hide in. They're cheap, and you can decorate them if you want.

Old 26th October 2005   #3
jordan

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Yes like Joan said you should just use a pot or buy decorations from http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/...xml?pcid1=1695;category_id=1687 that is a great place for purchasing decorations.

Old 27th October 2005   #4
hailz

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I guess its just luck, i had live plants in my tank when i first got my axies and they ripped them apart and pulled them out and had a great time destroying my lovely tank set up, so i went with the plastic plants and have now just recently introduced some live ones and they really like them, they hang out in em all the time. I can only suggest not putting the plants in open areas of the tank without weighing them down with some rocks because they seem to get in the way when the axies go exploring. Try next to hiding places so they are less likely to get in the way etc. Hope this helps

Old 27th October 2005   #5
lisa

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I use vallisneria in my tanks, that can grow pretty long. Go for tough reedy plants. I also have an anubius which is holding up against the axie attacks.
I also would recommend using clay pots. They look great.

Tags
live, plants

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 27th January 2020, 14:50 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.