The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Wanted (International not covered by the above) If you live in a country not covered by the previous categories, post here.

Old 9th September 2007   #1
Kara B
(trincan)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 2
Rep: trincan has started on the right path
Default T Grans and Axolotls in Canada

For the last two years, I have been looking for more taricha granulosa and for axolotls. I have not found any, and am disheartened!

If anyone has, or can tell me where to obtain some T. Grans or Axolotls (any stage, any type) please let me know!
Muchly appreciated!
-Kara

trincan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007   #2
Jennewt
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11

Hi Kara, there have been some other "wanted" posts from Canadians looking for axolotls. You might want to try sending messages to those users and see if they ever found a source.

Old 11th September 2007   #3
Mitch Guilderson
(featherbutt)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: featherbutt has given good advice and informationfeatherbutt has given good advice and information

hey, i just want to pass along that ive just picked up 5 wildtypes in penticton from a breeder in nanaimo.

hes asking $20 each but gives deals for quantities.

I hope this isn't considered spam, because its purely for helping my fellow canadians, i get nothing, but he advertizes over at reptilescanada.com in the classifieds.

he will only ship to western canada tho, but the airport LOST my package for a whole day so i cant see shipping being a problem elsewhere. youll be doing air freight and paying for it tho. shop around for good rates.

apparently they have been turning up in edmonton petstores too, some type of white, i dont think my friend knows leucistics from albinos.

and i know they turn up at the "pets unlimited" chain in eastern canada occasionally.

At dalhousie university in halifax NS they sometimes use them in labs, and afterwards you can adopt them.

Its a good idea to check university labs for just about any amphibian specimines, as they will usually dispose of them anyway.

hope this helps, its STILL pretty hard to find them.

featherbutt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotls, canada, grans