Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Why do my post disappear

Dragonfire

Reaction score
Ok so I made a post in the axolotls forum to show a funny video about axies once in the general and once with no sub forum and one just disappeared with no notification. I'm guessing it was deleted because I made it twice which makes sense. But I made another post today about an old thread because I noticed what was thought to be an metamorphosed axolotl kept in a bowl probably wasn't an axie and now it's gone :( I just wanted to get an answer if it was or wasn't and I spent a long time looking at the pic and noticing little things that were off and I'm kinda upset it just disappeared.

Dragonfire

Reaction score
If it wasn't supposed to disappear (I'm pretty sure I would get A notification if it was removed) than could at least my post about the metamorphosed axie be put back up if possible. I just want to try and get an ID on it.

xxianxx

Reaction score
Its still there, go to your profile, select statistic, select posts and you will see what you have posted

Asevernnnn

Reaction score
Its still there, go to your profile, select statistic, select posts and you will see what you have posted

Well on tapatalk I was gonna click on his thread(didn't refresh) and it said the thread was deleted lol

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't speak to the other ones but I can tell you that an administrator deleted your second post on the axie in a bowl because you were just repeating yourself from the other thread.

Dragonfire

Reaction score
The one about the axolotl in the goldfish bowl is still there, haven't checked the other one

There was one about it not being an axie I wrote but I didn't write the one with the whole story about it. Are you sure that you were reading the post about its ID or the old post about the axies story.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragonfire

Reaction score
I can't speak to the other ones but I can tell you that an administrator deleted your second post on the axie in a bowl because you were just repeating yourself from the other thread.

I thought it was kinda off topic on the other thread so I made a new one to ID it. The other thread was old so I figured I would make a new one about it. But I do think my video thread got deleted because of this which seems fair I made two so I only need one but my other thread was to get info that another old thread lacked so I don't think it was really repetive.

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
I deleted the second , Axolotl in a fishbowl post as it would send readers to the original post. There would then be comments posted on both. I felt it was better to leave just the one post. For what it is worth I suspect you are correct in that the axolotl was a tiger salamander.
The cartoon one was good, but as this is a forum that is also used by children, it was decided language may be unsuitable for the youngsters.

Dragonfire

Reaction score
I deleted the second , Axolotl in a fishbowl post as it would send readers to the original post. There would then be comments posted on both. I felt it was better to leave just the one post. For what it is worth I suspect you are correct in that the axolotl was a tiger salamander.
The cartoon one was good, but as this is a forum that is also used by children, it was decided language may be unsuitable for the youngsters.

Oh ok thanks for telling me. I was just kinda not happy they disappeared and nobody even told me. Also u left one post with the cartoon anyway.

Dragonfire

Reaction score
And I'm sorry about the gun in the cartoon I did think it might not be appropriate at one point but then I saw a video on here about an axolotl monster thing like ripping a bunch of people apart on the moon and figured it would be ok since it seemed much more appropriate than
That and that wasn't removed from the site haha

Dragonfire

Reaction score
Oh never mind it wasn't the gun I just watched it again since you said language and noticed the swear on the cheezl box ok I see why it was deleted.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1