Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New setup?

J

john

I took your guys advice and lowered the water levels in my tank to help Stash adjust to the water again. Now he goes into the water, but neither of the newts will eat. They havent eaten in like 4 days. Will it take them alittle bit to get used to the new setup? If so how long do u think? They are both pretty fat and healthy so I'm not worried yet.

J

joeri

Newts can go without food for a long time. 4 days is nothing to worry about. In fact, when temperatures are normal for my newts I don't feed my newts every day. And when temperatures are lower you can feed them even less.

When they are in a new setup I'd give them time to adjust. Don't handle them, don't put too much light on, keep the water clean (remove uneaten food). They'll probably be fine after a while. Just keep an eye on them to be sure.

This is the link to the website. Maybe you didn't discover it yet.
http://www.caudata.org/cc/articles/articles.shtml

Many questions you may have now or later will be answered there.

Good luck
Joeri

ps: next time pay attention to the lay-out of your post, I can hardly read it
wink.gif

(I ment the other post - not this one - sorry for confusion)

(Message edited by Xixarro on December 15, 2004)

J

john

ya sry bout the post. I didnt realize until it was to late what had happened. My first time posting pics.
crazy.gif
. Guess that didnt work so well. lol.

J

joeri

No problem, could happen to everyone - just keep in mind that you can edit your own post afterwards if it doesn't look good.

A few 'enters' help a lot

Joeri

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1