Illness/Sickness: Northern Ireland - Help asap!

Sweeted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry folks, first post on the forum and its not good. I had approx 30 axie eggs, which began hatching on 22.03.11. After seeing the first hatchlings i began attempting to hatch some brine shrimp which should have been ready this evening. Apparently the only thing i didnt plan for is a 3yr old daughter who poured the shrimp down the drain!!! My fault i know......any help appreciated, if anyone has any brine shrimp or alternative ways to feed, or can pick them up!!! Sorry but just dont wana see these guys die!!!!! Should have known better!!!!

Start a new brine shrimp culture right now. Larvae can go ~24 hours without food. You might lose a few, but you should be able to save a majority of them.

Also, go to your local fish shop and see if they have any daphnia or newly hatched brine shrimp. Sometimes they have their own cultures going.

Hi,

don´t worry! Newly hatched larvae often don´t eat for the next 2 days. They have still some food in their yolk bags - so they can survive some days without food after hatching. ;)

There´s enough time to breed some new BBS. :D
You can force the BBS-breeding if you warm up the water to 28 C (max. 30 degrees C), then the BBS will hatch after only 12 hours.:D

Thanks for the replies guys, have new bbs bubbling away, fingers crossed they hatch!!! Just didnt want them to die.....panic stations lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back