Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Odd mysterious bumps

NaughtDotty

Reaction score
Ok guys I need help... I've been trying and trying to get rid of these bumps but they keep spreading, and I cannot find anything on the internet about them. They also have wrapped around his front left leg and are now underneath him. Anybody have any idea what they are? New ones show up dark grey then swell, they swelling goes down and a large bump is left, then the bump goes down and it looks lumpy and stays... Then the process starts all over again. IAL not helping, tea baths for five days did nothing, salt baths and fridging for three days made his anxiety worse and after I left him out last night a whole new group started. Currently tubbed dechlorinated tap water half ro, water change twice daily with proper holtfreters solution for a gallon of water and an IAL leaf to hide under, appetite currently sucks will only eat 1/4 of a nightcrawler if I'm lucky used to eat almost two, he is around 7 inches long not sure if his age got him in March. Ph of tubbed water is 7.4 using prime on water.
Update started him on furan 2 and methylene blue last night today he ate nothing.. thinking it might be columnaris? Klanaplex has been ordered I was out... Flagyl ordered, prazipro ordered, and mercurchrome ordered just to have on hand in case needed.

NaughtDotty

Reaction score
Pictures of top and bottom

Attachments

• received_2345718988855110~2.jpg
    received_2345718988855110~2.jpg
    673.2 KB · Views: 113
  • received_511867816219265~2.jpg
    received_511867816219265~2.jpg
    586.6 KB · Views: 95
  • received_465098760734588.jpg
    received_465098760734588.jpg
    774.6 KB · Views: 93
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1