Setup Designs

M

marcus

Does anyone know of any good, non-"Caudata Culture" websites for aquarium, terrarium, aqua-terrarium design and setup? I'm looking for suggested plants / landscape / lighting / etc.

I'm juggling a multitude of sites that just don't "add up" to what I need them to. Most just don't cover the topic well enough. Caudata Culture has a great article, but I need more.

Also, because of the massive amount of date I've piled through (and into), I will be taking some digital camera pictures of my 55 gal design and setup and writing a detailed page on it, as well as much of the other information that I have found useful. I'll be willing to share it whenever I can, if anyone is interested.

Marcus

Hi Marcus, I don't know of many other sites, but are you looking specifically for caudate setups? You may be able to find sites with frog setups that might be useful. The blackjungle.com site has some good information.

I'm looking forward to seeing your series of photos on your setup. You might consider making a donation to John and posting the information on a personal site on caudata.org. Just a thought!

P.S. I'd also love to see photos of how your animals are doing
happy.gif

(Message edited by jennewt on September 20, 2004)

Jen!

Thanks for the website; I'll look into it. I think it's only a matter of time (and paycheck deposits) before I am indeed going to donate. I don't know if I have the ambition for a personal website at the moment, though.

I will send you some pictures of the 4 ASAP. They are much bigger now and fully aquatic. They aren't the least bit bashful and are very fond of the blackworms.

I'm glad you replied to this because you reminded me that I am now more than merely tardy for the task of returning your cooler. I'll try to take care of that ASAP as well.

Marcus

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back