Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New Tank Setup

B

brendan

It's 11:30pm friday the 7th here in Australia.

Tomorrow at about 6pm i will be receiving my new tank for my axies.

It is 4 foot long, 2 foot high, 1 foot wide. I think its around 40 something gallons. I will be using an Aqua One CF700 canister filter. I will post pictures of this setup tomorrow evening when it is all setup and complete.

Any suggestions or comments?

L

leah

Excellent! Sounds about the same as mine, 50ish gallons, though yours is taller so maybe 55. There are a few sites you can look up that give conversions into gallons or litres from the tank dimensions if you want an exact volume. Bigger tanks are so much fun to decorate! Have you thought of what you'll do yet, or just going to improvise? Can't wait to see what you do with it- I'm always looking for new ideas for my own tanks. Just make sure the tank is fully cycled before your axolotls move in, expecially since they're so young- it's worth the time investment in the long run.

J

jenny

im always changing the sand colour or ornaments in mine.

the first kind of set up i had was with big pebbles and lots of plants and some big pieces of rock to make a natural setting for them.

and ive had white sand with blue and green ornaments.

now ive got black with blue and green ornaments and one big red ornament at the side.
ive got a load of big black pebbles and some green and blue ones im gonna sort of put in a pile in various places.

for some reason theyve all started to use the shelf now - before only one of them used it but now they all 6 of them pile on it at the same time.

28853.jpg

B

brendan

At the moment i have 3 ornaments which i will be putting in straight away. Other than that i will be improvising as to what it looks like but as i said i will post some piccies for all to see.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!