Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Breeding Whites Tree Frogs!!

Neotenic_Jaymes

Reaction score
Finally I have bred my Whites Tree Frogs. All these frogs are captive bred and are about 2 years old. One of the females laid and there's maybe over 1.000 eggs. Here are some photos.

Attachments

• IMG_4667.jpg
    IMG_4667.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 15,516
  • IMG_4677.jpg
    IMG_4677.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 2,408
  • IMG_4682.jpg
    IMG_4682.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 5,149

Thiago

Reaction score
Wow, very eggs!

Good joob!

There cannibalism problem in this species?

Neotenic_Jaymes

Reaction score
I intend to raise them all if they develop. I'll post exactly what I did soon so others may give it a try.

Neotenic_Jaymes

Reaction score
Wow, very eggs!

Good joob!

Cannibalism does occur when they become frogs but not to sure if they will intend to eat each other as tadpoles. Since your form Brazil you must be well informed about your native frog tadpoles eating each other and being carnivorous. I don't think this is the case with this Australian species. I've heard of people raising tadpoles primarily on lettuce. I intend on providing some sort of protein either from a fish flake or pellet.

Neotenic_Jaymes

Reaction score
Wow, very eggs!

Good joob!

Cannibalism does occur when they become frogs but not to sure if they will intend to eat each other as tadpoles. Since your from Brazil you must be well informed about your native frog tadpoles eating each other and being carnivorous. I don't think this is the case with this Australian species. I've heard of people raising tadpoles primarily on lettuce. I intend on providing some sort of protein either from a fish flake or pellet.

AshSeek

Reaction score
How did you get them to breed? i'm interested to know! looking to try a hand at it myself :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!