Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axolotl going up for bubbles

aliya23kk

Reaction score
My axolotl is constantly going up for bubbles and I don't know why. He is a juvenile and is currently in a separate container (He has a fungus). I'm not sure if it's just because there isn't a water flow in his temporary room or what but it would be greatly aprecated if someone could help me with my problem. :confused:

Donna001

Reaction score
Hi Aliya23kk and welcome to the forum. :happy:

As missbikealot87 says, daily water changes with dechlorinated water are essential in a tub. If you are doing this and your little one is still going up for air a lot, try putting an air stone in the tub as well.

Best of luck and please keep us posted on your progress.

AxolotlChris

Reaction score
Non of my Axolotls in containers go up for air constantly.

It is normal for Axolotls to go to the surface for air, but how often is your Axolotl actually going up for air??

aliya23kk

Reaction score
I change the water daily and the water is from a well that pumps to my house that is not chlorinated. I'll try putting a water stone in and I'll see what happens.

Donna001

Reaction score
I would suggest that you do use a dechlorinator/water conditioner even with well water. I understand that you do not have chlorine, but the dechlorinator also deal with other things such as heavy metals.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!