Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

What is the best container for newly hatched larvae?

Riverlady1965

Reaction score
What is the best containe for newly hatched larvae? Also, with the water for larvae I have kept a five gallon bucket for water changes. Other than letting it sit to dechlorinate, is there anything else recommended to put in the water? I have heard someone mention indian almond leaf.

Hayleyy

Reaction score
There shouldn't be an issue with using a water dechlorinator as you do in your tanks :) I haven't hatched babies but I've seen pictures where people use small plastic take away containers then separate as they grow.

Riverlady1965

Reaction score
I guess what I am wondering if I have the five gallon of tap water, is it okay to just use that after it has sat for days? Or must it be treated?

Hayleyy

Reaction score
After water sits out for 24-48 hrs all of the chlorine etc should have left the water, so it should be safe. I always use water conditioner anyways just to be cautious, but I also never have the foresight to leave water out for a few days anyways :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!