Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My axolotls tail curve up 80* but only at night!?!?! What is happening?

mikeg

Reaction score
okay so for the last couple of nights my axolotls just after sun set have lifter there tail up. looks rlly weird and funny not sure if i should be worried or not. they are not floating or anything they act normal until sunset.

i guess my question is what r they doing? has anyone ever seen this? should i be worried?

il post a pic not the greatest they were in the rock cave

Attachments

• IMG-20120908-00339.jpg
    IMG-20120908-00339.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 1,754
  • IMG-20120908-00337.jpg
    IMG-20120908-00337.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 2,337
  • IMG-20120908-00336.jpg
    IMG-20120908-00336.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 3,178

mikeg

Reaction score
Re: My axolotls tail curve up 80* but only at night!?!?! wtf is happing

sorry for spelling mistakes i didnt spell check and i wrote it in a rush :$ :p

hacelepues

Reaction score
Re: My axolotls tail curve up 80* but only at night!?!?! wtf is happing

Do you find poos in the morning? My guess would be that her back end is floating because she has to poo and gets gassy. Mine always get a little floaty when they're about to leave a mess :p

mikeg

Reaction score
they are guys :p and no lol it stopped now it seemed like it did it only for that week seems rlly strange :S

mikeg

Reaction score
lmfao :lol: i should bring my axolotl over we could start a midnight yoga axie class :rofl::rofl:

idk these sure are interesting lil guys

SapphireTigress

Reaction score
lol my girl did this pose last night, and I immediately thought of this thread :)
I had never seen her do that pose before. I think she is secretly reading my screen when I'm not looking :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1