Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axolotl with red bump with white dots

Nashua

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my white Axolotl Shynx.
Everything went fine until I looked and saw that yesterdaymorning Shynx had a large red sphere with white dots on the side of her body. I do not have any idea what this could be.. I can tell you that I had seen that a week ago it was first slightly colored red, where the sphere is now. I thought at first that Shynx had fought with Xerxes. What can happen every now and then. I noticed only yesterday cause she was a few days under a half-flowerpot and she didn't came out. Xerxes have nothing at first sight.

Hope someone can help me..

Here a picture of the globe on Shynx;

582733_10150934991361009_1020443176_n.jpg

Nashua x.

Bdyoung

Reaction score
Does it still have an appetite? It almost looks like a tumor or something. You could try refrigerating it and see if the swelling goes down.

PandaHuggaz

Reaction score
I think that the white dots on her body either is the pigment of her skin being stretched out, or maybe it is some sort of parasite... like possibly eggs of some sort? I don't know, I'm just putting it out there. I would keep an eye on if the dots get any bigger.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1