Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello from the mid west!

Mjasko

Reaction score
Would just like to say hi to you all and introduce myself :D not sure if this is mandatory but might as well post this anyways. My name is Mila and I'm just starting college in Utah, hoping to study abroad to get a degree in marine biology :p I've always been interested in axolotls and have been looking to get one for quite awhile now. However, there aren't a lotl around here and I don't really like the shipping of live animals. The wait was worth it, though! I found someone who was looking to sell their adult lotl the other month, and he was a real cutie!
I use to laugh (inwardly) at the fact that like 60% of all axolotls (yes, even the white ones) were named Toothless. It's a cute name but I didn't really appreciate attention that came from all these HTTYD fans (lotl sales probably maxed out after the release of the 2nd movie lol). When I went to go pick up the little guy I asked his owner what his name was. The guy looked at me and responded "Toothless." Karma: buuuuuuuuuurn! Oh well.
Toothless looks a bit like a melanoid, but is actually a wild type (you can really see the spots on his tail), and he is a little longer than a foot. My only regret is not raising him as my own from a babe larvae. He has a great personality though and I'm happy to have him! I thought it would be a good idea to get in touch with some experts in case any problems arise in the future, as I am a newbie to owning a tank and an axolotl. Congrats if you finished this post! Thanks for reading!
--Mila

Attachments

• 20150705_231245.jpg
    20150705_231245.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 240
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!