Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Chinese giant for sale!!!

A

alexander

just want u guyes to know that a chinese giant salamander is for sale here in sweden, with cites-certificate of course. it comes from the succeeded breeding in germany '95.

(Message edited by aartse_tuyn on March 09, 2007)

C

cameron

You can buy this species? Where's UberKyle?
lol.gif

K

kara

holy <font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font>! what kind of tank requirements would be needed to house this giant? (Not that I am interested in buying, just curious!)

A

alexander

it will need like a swimming pool sized aquaria with slow flowing water to simulate it's natural habitat. he wants at least 1000 swedish crowns (which is equal to 1000 dollar). but remember, there aren't lots of these magnificant animals left, and even less in the care of a private home. this is a chance of a lifetime

K

kyle

Hah, an interesting proposition. Although I'm sure a moderator will move this to the for sale forum soon enough... one of the last things I ever expected to actually see up for sale.

I can't say I would actually ever buy one, but I did get a laugh at being mentioned, it's nice to be thought of when people think of cryptobranchids. Anyone actually have the personal resources to house such a beast? Honestly, it's almost a steal at that price. Assuming this is true and the animal is in good health.

wink.gif
if only I had followed through with that wall length aquaria for my basement just incase such an opportunity arose
lol.gif

A

alexander

it need a similiar sized aquaria equal to an equally sized monitor. like 3 m wide, 2 m deep 1,5 m high. wouldn't even dare thinking of the whole price, u will probalby need a pond filter to adjust the correct floing
happy.gif
and not to mention all the food it will consume. but anyway it's one of the most magnficiant animals to keep, but unless you're an experienced newt/salamander keeper i wouldn't bother.
i would buy it for sure, but im going to buy a bike for 3000 dollar so i don't have the money for this little project
sad.gif

ryan

Reaction score
Why don't I just live in an aquarium?! There is no way I could put anything close to that in my house, I would have to put on a whole new edition.

M

mark

Alexander - I've edited out your offer as this is not the appropriate section for advertising animals for sale even if they do not belong to you. However it's an interesting discussion so I haven't moved it.

A

alexander

thanks mark, this isn't an advertisement, i just want everone to know that someone in sweden is selling one of these salamanders, as it is a rather uncommon happening. most of us that are interested in caudates always have an eye open for these big fellows, just wanted to share what i've seen here on the swedish herpeteologist site
happy.gif
i can try to ask about som pics that i can add here if u guys want to.

J

joonas

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>Quoting Alexander on Friday 09 March 2007 - 07:58 (#POST123912):</font>

at least 1000 swedish crowns (which is equal to 1000 dollar). <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
One thousand Swedish crowns is like 140 US Dollars or a bit more than 100 Euros.
So the price remains as a mystery. Or if 1000 SEK is the price, this animal is going at a cheap rate.

Could you Alexander please post a link to original site where you found this info.

A

alexander

it's gone as he couldn't find anyone serious
sad.gif

btw, i wrote wrong, meant 10000 swedish crowns

H

henk

Well the Zoo of Antwerp is looking for an animal like this and have an adatped tak and cooing system set ready. How do they get in touch with the person in question ... ??

A

alexander

dunno, he's gone but i can ask around if some1 can get into to touch with him. at least i read about it on http://www.repti.net in the Köp/sälj part of the site. it has ben removed

(Message edited by snussmak on March 10, 2007)

Aaron911

Reaction score
I have also just found out were to buy a Chinese giant salamander. I'm am upset for 2 reasons. 1 is they mainly sell them as food but they will ship live and guarantee arrival. And 2 is they want $2,000 USE :eek: I'll never afford that :-(. It's so sad to think they kill dozens maybe hundreds every day... So sad!

ivanli

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]I'm feeding hundreds of Chinese giant salamanders; I'll give you some for free, ha-ha!

Three female salamanders of my stock just laid many eggs one week ago, I'm so happy![/FONT]

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1377662743959.jpeg
    IMG_1377662743959.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 18,921
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1