Egg yolk emergency Axolotl baby food???!

AmberLouiseT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Amber'Louise
Hi guys, I remember seeing a post once about using egg yolk as emergency baby axolotl food and I can't find the post ANYWHERE. I can't remember how this method works, or how the yolk is prepared/what to do.
I was wondering if anyone on here knows this method and is willing to explain it to me.
I really hope someone can help me x

I recall reading that, too. That individual boiled the egg and fed the yolk to them in small pieces.
I tried it myself and the babies showed no interest. They are stimulated by movement first; when they're a bit older they're stimulated by scent. If they're at that stage they may go for the yolk; if they aren't they probably won't touch it. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, I think movement could be simulated by lightly moving the water but of course this could be detrimental to the larvae. It's a lose/lose situation, unfortunately! :(

Moving the water slightly wouldn't be detrimental. But you would need to perform 100% water changes after every feed. As a last resort it might work for some

It sounds weird. I've never tried this method. I've never heard of it. I buy baby Apple and carrot puree for my baby, there are a lot of vitamins and it is very tasty. We need to be very careful about the products that we buy and feed our children. I also buy milk formula for my baby and I am very careful about the ingredients that are included in this product. For example, the milk formula that I order from this site Holle Stage 2 Cow consists of exclusively natural ingredients, vitamins and minerals that are useful and necessary for the growth and development of my baby.

Last edited:
It sounds weird. I've never tried this method. I've never heard of it. I buy baby Apple and carrot puree for my baby, there are a lot of vitamins and it is very tasty. We need to be very careful about the products that we buy and feed our children.
Are u talking about human babies or amphibians?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back