Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Sick Axie :(

axieslife08

Reaction score
Around June, I purchased two young axies, one mel and one leu. Upon receiving them, the mel, was beautiful, he had feathery gills, perfect tail, nice shape, he was stunning. The leu was very pretty as well, though she was way smaller than the mel in shape, but the same length as the mel, her gills were very nimble and thin. I let my tank cycle for one month before getting them. I have a 29 gallon tank, it has a few big smooth river rocks, a coconut hide and a moss ball. I do water changes every other day from around 30-50%. The parameters are quite spot on, though the ph can be a bit higher, but other than that they are pretty perfect. Their temp is around 62-65 degrees F. They have two tank mates, two mystery snails. Finally, to the issue, recently I have noticed, that the mel is missing one of his gills, but only half of it, he’s also missing a couple toes, they seem scratched up. His tail is also looking very poor and he’s been throwing up his food, while the leu , looks better than ever before, although it refused to eat last feeding , she’s very plump, but the mel is very skinny and sickly. I have no idea what’s going on, soon i’m going to get two small 10 gallon to house then each into, separately. They eat either earthworms or bloodworms every other day, depending on what i have, i cut the earth worms into decent sized pieces for them. They are both around 6-7 in. I also forgot to mention, the mel is also missing part of his tail! I will take any information I can get and thank you so much for reading and helping me out.
They also have a bare bottom tank.

Last edited:

axieslife08

Reaction score
Kiyoshi passed away tonight, he did have some fungus but very little, I treated him with a few tea baths. No much went away. He was placed in the fridge for a few days with 100% water change daily. I still don't know what happened or how the fungus came but Lily is doing great and was completely separated from Kiyoshi. Thank you for everyone who stopped by to read the post, it was appreciated.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!