Help! Axolotl not eating, doing a "throwing up" motion

Tjebb

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I have had Dollar for about a year and a half now. He is usually in good condition, other than a few ammonia jumps that happened in the earlier years. He hasn't eaten in a about two days, and he keeps trying to "throw up." I keep moss balls in the tank, and I am worried he decided to eat one. Does anyone have any advice? The poor guy's tail is curled at the tip, and I don't want my baby stressed!
His tank was stable when I last checked, but I will check it again and post the results as soon as I can.

The moss balls were small enough that he could swallow them? Is he showing any other signs of possible impaction/ constipation?

He ended up getting it out of his mouth. I don’t even know how he got it, cause the only moss balls I put in there were large. He probably tore it off. Thank you for your help!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back