Greetings from Central Florida!

phineasferb

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone!

I am excited to be receiving two male high yellow barred tigers next week! My previous pet was a panther chameleon. Sadly, he passed away last June weeks before turning 5 years old. My heart wanted another chameleon but my gut was telling me not to because of the heavy school/work load I am currently enduring. I decided another chameleon would not fit my current schedule, which has lead me here! I've already set up a vivarium for the arrival of Phineas and Ferb next Thursday. I am trying to get it as close to perfection as I can so any recommendations are welcomed! Thank you, everyone ��

Tank setup

-30x13.5x13 terrarium w/ screen lid

-Mistking to keep substrate damp. I am currently testing how long and when to set the mister to spray. It's looking like possibly once or twice a week.

-Matala filter mats for false bottom. I have an airhose routed to the bottom of the tank to siphon excess water

-Evo earth and cypress mulch substrate mix

-Wooden hut and plastic hide on each end

-Bathing water bowl.

I may look into adding some live plants but nothing too crazy or overwhelming. Possibly some safe pothos here and there.

IMG_20200207_193843.jpg

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back