Baby axolotl question?

Ondra1

Reaction score
Country
United States
Our melanoid and golden albino recently had babies (a few days before Christmas). There are two variations that I have never seen before and can't find pictures of anywhere to compare them to. I am wondering what type they are - I am posting pictures for comments.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Photo Feb 08, 11 01 40 PM.jpg
    Photo Feb 08, 11 01 40 PM.jpg
    773.1 KB · Views: 623
  • Photo Feb 08, 11 01 52 PM.jpg
    Photo Feb 08, 11 01 52 PM.jpg
    809.8 KB · Views: 292
  • Photo Feb 08, 11 02 06 PM.jpg
    Photo Feb 08, 11 02 06 PM.jpg
    631.9 KB · Views: 295
Here is an additional picture. Both colors are almost a pearl tone, one with a green undertone and the other a lavender - pinkish undertone.

Attachments

• Photo Feb 08, 11 03 35 PM.jpg
    Photo Feb 08, 11 03 35 PM.jpg
    702.8 KB · Views: 261
if im not mistaken very light melanistics can look purple, that little the colors might not be fully developed yet so you might be able to tell better in a week or two

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back