Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: What's wrong with my axolotl tail

Aaliyahsutton

Reaction score
It looks like a big chunk gone missing. I do have another axolotl I'm not sure if he chewed his his tail off or if his tail is meant to be like this. They do fight a lot but I don't know why because they're both well fed pls someone answer I'm getting worried xx does it look like it's been chewed off

Attachments

• IMG_8676.jpg
    IMG_8676.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 332

debadog

Reaction score
回复: What's wrong with my axolotl tail

His tank mate probably took a chunk out of his tail. If your axolotls are different sizes (more than an inch difference in length) the smaller one will likely be picked on by the larger one regardless of how much they are fed. if your axolotls are still juveniles they are also more likely to fight as they are aggressive at that stage.

His tail looks fine, just keep an eye on them both and make sure they are well fed, which it sounds like you're already doing. They'll hopefully grow out of it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!