Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Display Name
Rodrigo
Well...almost :p
This very stupid post is just to say that i FINALLY have an aquatic CB Cynops orientalis! It´s been a year more or less since it morphed, and now it´s taken to the water. I think it´s a tiny little male.
I´m chuffed to bits with the little fella, i just hope everything goes well and it doesn´t drown like the first one i had going back to water(technically this post is about the second one, but since the other one died, i´m not counting it :p)
I´ve waited for so long, and hand-fed so many foods to this newt...i can´t wait til the day he matures and the circle is trully complete :)

Photos coming soon(just waiting for the joy of my collection to make himself visible).

Congratulations!
I hope everything goes great for you and your lil fella.

Congrats! Now that he's in the water, he should grow faster.

I only managed to get one decent pic, and it´s still rather bad xD
Anyway, here it is, my pride and joy...

Attachments

• P1070245.JPG
    P1070245.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 332
A couple of better pics. He´s doing great, eating well, being active and cute as a box of kittens.

Attachments

• P1070249.JPG
    P1070249.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 291
  • P1070254.JPG
    P1070254.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 278
Congratulations. Felicidades rodrigo!!

Oh so very clearly a small male, I havent seen such a clear case of male gender in such a small orientalis before hehe. He's not even red yet :)

Yes, clearly a male hehe. I´ve been seen him display his cloacal papillae a few times, which means he is already mature even though he is still small.
He used to have a nice red colour when he was terrestrial. For some reason when he became aquatic the red faded a lot. Now he is recovering the colour and although he doesn´t have the striking wild coloration, he looks quite nice.

Ah, so how big is he? Yeah the cynops I've raised have started out yellow, then slowly turned red. But I have kept them aquatic from early on. But they turned red long before becoming mature, well more like orange than red really:eek: I never did enjoy feeding them blood worms...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back