Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Fungus? Please Help!

opaldad

Reaction score
Today, I barely saw my juvenile axie, and when I came home tonight they had developed this white fuzz on their gills. I was wondering if this is a fungus and if I should start the salt baths/fridging process as soon as possible. Any tips or pointers on how to do that would be extremely helpful! I’m a first time owner so I’m somewhat helpless in this situation. :(
The water seemed murkier than usual as I did a 25% water change 4 days ago.
some photos:
open

open

Attachments

• 9A522CC6-E2ED-43F3-A606-10820CAD8744.jpg
    9A522CC6-E2ED-43F3-A606-10820CAD8744.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 204
  • 65BDE07B-ABF6-4CA1-B090-C854A190D259.jpg
    65BDE07B-ABF6-4CA1-B090-C854A190D259.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 206

DSaxolotl

Reaction score
Hard to see but before you jump to salt or w.e you need to know of your water quality needs fixing, what are your ph, ammonia, nitrites and nitrates like?

opaldad

Reaction score
Hard to see but before you jump to salt or w.e you need to know of your water quality needs fixing, what are your ph, ammonia, nitrites and nitrates like?

sorry for the late response! I took his water to an aquarium store and had it looked at. My cycle was all out of whack but I was able to adjust it. my current tank stats are:
ammonia: 0.25 ppm
nitrate: 5.0 ppm
nitrite: 0.25 ppm
ph: 6.8 ppm

here are some photos I took today, the fluff has doubled and his gills are looking less fluffy :(. he is still eating and pooping just fine, but I’m scared it could be something deadly?

open

open

open

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!