Searching for The Holy Grail

Rinkydinky1

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello to all. I am a new member and this was in answer to a note sent by our founder of caudata. With his welcoming greeting there was an explaination to try to not use slang and texting shortcuts out of respect for our international members whos first language may not be English>

Dear John, I am glad that this site endorses the proper pronunciation of English. I wince to read and hear the horrible lazyness and improper use of the English language, as well as the ubiquitous and excessive use of the word - like-.

First of all, I live within the range of the Houston Toad, Anaxyrus houstonensis.
https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/wild/species/htoad/
I have (illegally) reared toadlets by enclosing an area of damp woodland near my home with lawn edging, (the rolls of flexible metal or plastic that is used to edge lawns), and filled this with banana peels to attract and propagate fruit flies for the little toads to eat. I could not ask scientists and wildlife biologists to come document the culture of the toads as each individual toadlet represented a $50,000 fine because it is an endangered species.One group not affiliated with the government did take a clipping of a toe for DNA analysis.

In 2011 a huge forest fire burned down the environment, so hot, even the soild burned. I feel this was the end of the struggling population in Bastrop county.

Anyway, when I was a little 7 year old girl I made a net out of a coat hanger and waded into a lake in Northern California on still morning. The lake was like a mirror and mountain and forest reflected upon itself. Before my eyes, a giant yellow pollywog surfaced. Time stood still. I tried to net it but it escaped. Ever since I have searched for an albino bullwog to possess and raise. I realize it is an invasive species, but bright yellow animals would probably not survive and reproduce successfully in the wild. Does anyone know where I might purchase some albino bullwogs? This is why I joined the site, in hopes of finding the Holy Grail of frogs.

Another animal I find fascinating is the Giant Salamander of Japan. I have read the Japanese have actually built public viewing areas of the streamside subterranian chambers where the male salamanders rear the young. Now, THIS is a salamander > https://www.wired.com/2014/12/japanese-giant-salamanders-devoted-dads/

Welcome to the forum. That is one of the strangest introductions I’ve ever read!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back