Feeding Schedule for Axolotls

Acacia

Reaction score
Country
United States
What's the feeding schedule for your axolotls like? How often do they get earthworms, bloodworms, pellets, etc? I'm getting a trio soon so I'd love to know more about everyone's axolotls' diets!

It really depends on the individual axolotl. My axolotls eat at least one nightcrawler a day, usually 2. Other people only feed every couple of days. When you get them they may not eat a lot as they get used to you, my copper would only eat a bit every 2 days but now is every day. To learn what they want just offer a worm every day, eventually you will get the hang of it. In a single feeding you want to feed them as much as they will eat in a few minutes.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back