The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) A dedicated topic for those seeking help with Axolotls, showing off your photos, or just to talk about them.

Old 11th May 2014   #1
Chelsea
(gritcracker)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: gritcracker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I have babies!

I have babies, they are about a month old and started growing their front legs. As far as I can tell I have leucistic, albino, golden and wildtype, or a variation of the 4.

I am wondering the timeline when they will be ready to sell, I know when they get to be about 2 to 2 and a half inches with front and back legs, but I have so many! I am just curious how long it took everyone else's babies to grow up.

Also, if anyone wants one, I would like to start selling them if ethically possible, let me know!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1513744_10154092432770075_4595369601912461579_n.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	37393  

gritcracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2014   #2
auntiejude
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: auntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: I have babies!

Depends who you are selling to. If you are selling to other enthusiasts you can usually sell them earlier, but pet stores want them a little bigger and more robust. An inch per month is about the most growth you can expect.

I usually sell mine at 3 months/3" to members here and other private citizens, 4 months/4" to pet shops.

Tags
axolotls, axolotls for sale, babies