The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate Discussions on tanks, temperature, filters, gravel, lights etc.

Old 12th December 2017   #1
katbeck99

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: katbeck99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Will my axolotls be affected by this change in pH?

Ok, so here's the deal. I have a new 50 gallon long that has just finished cycling (Ammonia 0ppm, Nitrite 0ppm, Nitrate 10-20ppm) but the pH is 6.8-7.2 (can't tell exactly) and the water hardness is somewhat low. However, the tank my two axies are in now has a pH of about 7.4-7.8 and the water is somewhat hard. Should they be fine if I move them in now, or should I try to match the pH and hardness? The only reason I feel like I might not have to is because when people receive their axolotls from people in other states/countries, they have no idea what their tank parameters were and the majority survive and thrive in their new homes. Any thoughts?

katbeck99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
50 long, axolotls, cycling, moving, new tank, ph levels