Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Raising my first set of axolotl hatchlings

Axolotlee

Reaction score
Hi I have 6 axolotyl at this time 2 larger 1 small 1 medium and 2 babies 2 inches. I looked in my tank and seen a whole lot of eggs as I did not know one was female. Long story short they have hatched and now I have over a hundred I didn't count babies I am preparing to raise them and hopefully find them a home I just do not want to be over whelmed if I can't find new homes . are there any organizations that will take some off my hands once they are old enough to ship. ?? I honestly did not think they would survive this long but they are tough little axolotyl babies I guess but I have only lost a few due to late egg hatch and normal deformation they are all pretty much surviving. I do have them separated at this time and I have several 10 gallons at my home as well as tubs. I plan on keeping a few but I don't know at this point just looking for a little advice. They are all doing great and eating brine shrimp

Isabellaw

Reaction score
Re: Raising my first set of axolotyl hatchlings

I am in the same situation, what has happened since April? Did you find someone to take them? Ours are around 2.5 weeks old and now here is another batch of eggs in the tank!

honeydew

Reaction score
You could always see if a local fish store wants to sell them! I ended up with my baby because of accidental eggs too lol.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!