The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate Discussions on tanks, temperature, filters, gravel, lights etc.

Old 14th January 2019   #1
axieboi

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: axieboi is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Aquarium Chiller Help

Hey everyone! I know thereís already lots of threads about this topic, but I canít seem to find a definitive answer. My tank seems to be a bit too warm since I moved into a new apartment and I just need some advice selecting an appropriate chiller thatís going to get the job done. I have 2, one year old Axolotls in a 20g long and I plan to upgrade to a 40g breeder tank at some point. The water is around 72F at its warmest and usually hovers around 68-70F. Iíve found tons of chillers on amazon and other sites, but the ratings arenít great and I donít want to spend a lot of money on a product that isnít going to perform well. So if anyone has been using a chiller and has one they could recommend, that would be much appreciated!!

axieboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2019   #2
Hayley
(Hayleyy)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: Hayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Aquarium Chiller Help

I'm not sure if it's available where you are but the brand I have is Hailea. It works well for my 35ish gallon. It is noisy when cooling however so I turn it off at night (the tank is in my bedroom). It also heats up the room when I have the door closed, but I think that may be a normal thing for chillers. If the door is open it is fine, and I usually will run a fan in the room to disperse the warm air coming out of it.

Hayleyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2019   #3
axieboi

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: axieboi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aquarium Chiller Help

Realized I never replied, thanks so much for the input! I appreciate your help.

axieboi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl, chiller, setup, temperature control