The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Introductions Area Where new members introduce themselves.

Old 8th May 2018   #1
Kofi Kobra

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Kofi Kobra is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Ay

I have always really liked salamanders, I am not sure why but for some reason I do. Maybe it was the excitement I felt as a child after turning over that lucky rock or log and finding one. Or maybe it is because as a child I really enjoyed Pokemon (still do) so I felt like thats what I was actually doing finding Pokemon. Usually they were red backs but then there was the rarer occasion of finding a spotted salamander. Even to this day though I still have the same feeling when I find one. For the longest time I never actually knew salamanders existed. I live in Maine, USA so there is not too much time to find them either which might make it more fun. I have grown fond of the spotted salamanders, and I actually have one in a tank now, I've hide it for about 2 weeks. I'm not sure what to name it (I was thinking Gilligan). I want to start to make videos on this salamander and soon others and kind of do an "Ants Canada" kind of thing on YouTube with the videos. The only species of salamanders I have found out of the 9 species of salamanders in Maine I have only found 3 (Red Eft, Spotted, and Red back) I have found 2 others but those were when I was younger so I choose not to count those considering I am not sure which ones they are but for sure different than the others. I would like to eventually find them all. I am kind of rambling at this point so that is the end of this.

Kofi Kobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2018   #2
Otterwoman
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: Ay

Welcome to the forum! We'd love to see pictures of your finds. :)

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2018   #3
Kofi Kobra

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Kofi Kobra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ay

Thanks! I have 2 pics now and this summer will post many more!

Kofi Kobra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
introduction, salamanders, spotted salamander