The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding Eggs everywhere, how did that happen? Will it be albino or wildtype?

Old 13th May 2019   #1
shood87

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: shood87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mating Dance

So I have a really quick question. I have two Axolotls around 9 months old according to the DOB from the shop. I believe they are both males. My questions is would the males still do a mating dance even if there is no female present in the tank?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

shood87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2019   #2
Hayley
(Hayleyy)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: Hayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Mating Dance

What do you mean by mating dance? Can't say I've heard of it haha

Hayleyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2019   #3
shood87

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: shood87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ha ha ha. Maybe I should edit the heading. By mating dance I mean how the male will lay the spermatophores and lead the female around. I saw them the other day and the one was l was following the other one while he was laying them. Was just wondering if they would even bother to do that with no female in the tank.

shood87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2019   #4
Hayley
(Hayleyy)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: Hayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Wow! I've never had a male so haven't had the pleasure of seeing this. If you have a video I'd love to see it!

Hayleyy is offline   Reply With Quote