Facebook group for anuran keeping caudata enthusiasts....

Niels D

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
There's a new group especially for salamander and newt keepers who like to show some pics of there anurans to other caudata keepers without getting comments about the fact that it's not a salamander of a newt. That's why there's a new facebook group next to the group we already knew (salamanders and newts) which is:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/660674420639199/

There are a lot of anuran groups already, but this one's specially for you fellow caudata lovers!

Always nice to know I'm not the only one with a slightly more diverse interest. So many of these groups become a royal-python love in!

Request sent..

Thanks! I blame the dartfrogs for being the gateway anurans that really led me astray. I've always kept a range of herps but having animals that need fruit flies means that you start thinking of other things with the same requirements for all those tasty little home-bred treats.

In addition to the darts, gray treefrogs, marsupial frogs, recently rescued oriental firebellies and a ravenous horde of green toads that I'd doubtless have anyway, I now have an obsessive relationship with the tiny Earless Dragon (Tympanocryptis tetraporophora). Including nursery set-ups, I now have five groups of them ready to munch any fruit flies and bean weevils available :D

Right, where are those anuran photos?

I've got marsupial frogs as well (Gastrotheca riobambae). One of my absolute favourite species next to Litoria splendida and Polypedates Otilophus, which I do not keep but are planning to in the future if I'm lucky enough to find them. Another top ten animal is Pedostibes hosii:

:O
Witches! Traitors!

People who use Facebook should be buuuuuurned :p

:O
Witches! Traitors!

People who use Facebook should be buuuuuurned :p

I agree, may I suggest a Facebook based petition, once you get one million 'likes' then unleash the flames!

I only made a facebook account because of the Newt and Salamander group. In the end I put a lot of nonsense on the internet as well though. I'm not using my own name though. I'm Coenraad ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back