worms lol

hanniebumblebee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
hannie bee
if i feed my axolotl earth worms from an organic source should i cut them up or will their teeth be strong enough to bite through them??? also can i feel them meal worm??? thanx

Hanniebumblebee,

It all depends on the size of the earthworm- if it is too large, then you will have to cut it up because your axolotl will inevitably spit it out. As for mealworms, you can feed them but only as a treat and prior to giving it to your axolotl, you'll have to cut their heads off.

Jay.

Hi,
welcome to the site.The size of your axie will determine the size food it can eat, most mature axies manage worms without the need to chop them.
Even my juvenilles will fight with it until it all fits in.
Nothing goes to waste in their tank lol.
Where to in the UK are you by the way?

Hi ya

I give my 3 axie's worms but i cut them up in to bits as i once have leroy a full one & he just sicked it back up & it was still moving as it lay on the bottom of the tank.
They all love worms

With mealworms i find it hard to cut the heads off so i just crush it with the tweezers before feeding.

x x x

thanx for all the help :D

wow yea cool ill try earth worms i think my axes are fully grown they are about 25 cm nd a breeding pair i think one is about to die tho coz i ate a pretty large pebble from inside the tank i thought they were big enough for them not to be able to get them in their mouths but obviously not :( i rele hope its ok
how do u cut the heads off meal worms i swear they are tiny !
thanks agen hannie :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back