Black worms (need help)

crested crazy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Will
Okay So I have a bit of a problem....I bought live black worms for my axie
And he loved them but now they have dug there way into the sand. What do I do?
Just let them stay there? I keep them in the tank because I was told they could
live in the tank if it was cold enough and now im not sure if the axies will eat them,
since there half way in the sand. Only there head is poped out.

What kind of sand are you using? How large is the axolotl? There is no harm from having some blackworms living in the sand, except that the axolotl will ingest sand while trying to get at the worms. In general, I would say that having sand and using blackworms as a staple food are incompatible.

Hi Will,

I agree with Jennewt, No biggy eventually the axies will hunt them all and eat abit of sand in the process

Well see the problem is I bought them to small and they refuse to eat frozen or the pellets. So I could not let it die so I bought black worms because many ppl on here said it was my best bet...Also the sand is fine grain, so its prctley like powder (A good source told me it was the best for small axies, very easy to digest) And the axies are 1in to 1.5in

your axies should just hunt them down, blackworms are a good source of food for little axies you could maybe try a feeding dish which is just like a jam jar then all the mess etc stays in the dish, try google to find one somwhere. I hand feed my axies which may be an option.
All the best

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back