Question: What color variation are these?

Mjasko

Reaction score
Country
United States
I saw someone selling this pretty little guys and was curious what kind they were. Maybe non albino gold if that's a thing??

It also crossed my mind that they might be larvae from a non-neotenic salamander species that they are selling as "axolotls." If you recognize the color or the species let me know! I would really like one if they are indeed axolotls.

Attachments

• 2037265-1437171365-02395.jpg
    2037265-1437171365-02395.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 660
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 673
  • FullSizeRender2.jpg
    FullSizeRender2.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 619
Those are tiger salamander larvae, not axolotls.

Thank you Auntie Jude! I was afraid of that but I hoped anyway :/
I will let them know to change the name of their ad so they don't mislead others
Thank you again for your help

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back