Does he/she look sick?

Are you talking about the mark near his tail?? It could be a healed injury. Smokey doesnt live with anything else does he??? He live on his own??

no smokey lives alone no wounds that i know of and it had a nice big worm then i take it it was hungry

and yes the mark near its tail

I dont know what it is then.....keep an eye on it just in case. Someone with more experience might be able to help later.....sorry
Are you still sick as well???

yeah imm still sick ive got a flu

you poor thing. This way you have more time to plan your axie tank:) i hope you get better soon.

thanks and thats true more planning to goe

question how long will it take to make that stuff with the sand that could poison smokey?

Im not sure of that...sorry......but i would do it as soon as you can just to be safe, until you can get the sand out I would run my fingers through it everyday so it mixes the sand up and the gases cant build up and turn nasty.

another question do axi's dig in the sand?

They can do, when looking for food, but not like a dog would dig a hole in the garden. Having said that, all axies are different, so it's possible that some might enjoy having a good dig just for the sake of it ;)

Cookie moves the sand around all the time. I have a chiller under the tank which has a blue light that you can see, Cookie also likes to look at it :D. So when I do a water change I fix the sand up so it looks nice and even, That night Cookie must notice that she cant see the light and moves all the sand away again.

smokey when i did the water change afterwards she dug two small holes with each hand and than just layed down it looked quite cute ;)

will it still make hydrogen sulfide if it has plants in there?

Yes, it will.

You really need to remove some of the sand.

well ive already done about half of it im doing it bit by bit so it doesnt upset her to much last thing we need is sand in her gills

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back